One of the most essential aspects of having a successful final expense lead generation campaign is creating a script which works. While many companies that provide telemarketing will have scripts on file its recommended that you create your own script, at least as a reference so you get the sales opportunities you want. The reasons for this are:
- You will always know your business and clients better than the telemarketing organization you hire.
- A script crafted for your particular offering will sound better than a generic script that prospects may have listened to from your competition.
- You can make the script give you only the information you need and match your offering exactly.
While its vital that you have a script that works for you there are a variety strategies which you can use to enhance sales.
- Keep it uncomplicated, let the customer know why you are calling as well as why they should care.
- Do not waste their time, if it requires 6 words to get to a point don’t write 10.
- Keep the aim of the call in mind when creating the script. If you are producing a lead or setting an appointment that should be the goal of the call. Nothing else should be included.
This is the basic format you can follow:
Hello, may I speak with XXX. My Name is NAME.
I’m calling from XXX Financial Company. I’m calling regarding a free quote on final expense insurance that we are providing people in the area.
Our plans can save you up to $xxxxxx dollars on your funeral expenses and any outstanding debts you may leave your family.
If the prospect asks: “what is final expense?”
Final Expense is mini life insurance that takes care of any outstanding expenses and burial costs that you leave behind. It keeps your family from getting stuck with the bills.
Rebuttals to common questions:
- The plans are extremely affordable and we have the most competitive prices. We can even work with individuals on fixed incomes.
- This will only take a couple minutes and can save you and your loved ones thousands of dollars!
I just need to get some basic information…
- Verify name
- Husband age, wife age
- Do you smoke, does your wife/husband smoke?
- Do you have any serious medical conditions?
- Verify the address
Thanks so much for your time. I’ll have one of our specialists follow up with you and get you a quote on a final expense policy. Have a great day!
After you have your script completed it isn’t set in stone. It can call for some changes based on the telemarketer’s feedback to get things running smoothly after the calls start to be made. You will also want to come up with answers to questions that prospects may ask during the call.